Giving is a part of our worship. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Among many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly is because it makes us more like Christ. Giving is absolutely essential to following Christ.
When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ's image as an unselfish giver
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives
Become a Partner
If you would like to partner with us, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.